EDB is hiring a Software Engineer to work on our Containers Team, designing and developing containers for our products in standalone deployments or clusters with automated configuration and integration.
The successful candidate will join a group within our Development team, taking a role in both designing and implementing a range of containers to run in a variety of container environments.
The Software Engineer’s responsibilities include:
- Working with the Senior Architect (Containers) and other team members, Product Management, field engineers and other product teams to design and implement containers
- Assist in development and implementation of features in containers to the agreed designs.
- Working with technical writing, QA staff and other team members to ensure containers are properly documented and fully tested.
- Working with support, and field staff to help resolve escalated issues and support sales and service engineers.
- 2+ years experience in software engineering
- B.S. Computer Science or Equivalent
- Experience working with container environments and tools including Docker, Kubernetes
- Familiarity with container orchestration platforms such as Google Kubernetes Engine, Red Hat OpenShift and similar environments
- Experience scripting in Bash and Go (experience with languages such as Python also considered)
- Familiarity with relational database systems such as PostgreSQL (preferred), Oracle or MySQL
- Good communication skills
- Aptitude for learning new subjects and mastering them
- Strong team player
The position will be based in Bedford, Massachusetts, USA. Remote workers in the USA will be considered. The position will report to the Senior Architect (Containers).
EnterpriseDB (EDB) is the leading worldwide provider of Postgres software and services that enable enterprises to reduce their reliance on costly proprietary solutions and slash their database spend by 80% or more. With powerful performance and security enhancements for PostgreSQL, sophisticated management tools for global deployments and Oracle compatibility, EnterpriseDB software supports both mission critical enterprise applications. More than 2,000 enterprises, governments and other organizations worldwide use EnterpriseDB software, support, training and professional services to integrate open source software into their existing data infrastructures.