CrowdStrike Falcon Host is a two-component security product. One component is a “sensor”, which is a driver installed on client machines that observes system activity and recognizes malicious behavior, then provides on-box prevention capability and remote telemetry to the Falcon Host cloud. The cloud component aggregates sensor telemetry for each customer’s network, can correlate malicious behavior across multiple machines, and presents our customers’ operations teams with a prioritized summary of the threats detected in their environments.
Join CrowdStrike and become a key leader building the most innovative endpoint security solution in the world. Our sensor development team is responsible for building the endpoint sensor which deploys on multiple platforms including Windows, Mac, and Linux. As Principal Software Engineer, you will be expected to have ownership over major components and development projects. You will be required to architect solutions and lead small teams to implement our core features. Features will cross cut most core OS subsystems such as file system, memory and process, and networking. Many features are also built in a way that they will have shared components across multiple platforms. You need to be able to lead projects efficiently while maximizing performance and minimizing costs, making sure high standards are being followed when it comes to design, coding quality, and unit and component testing.
- Provide key leadership on the sensor development team involved in architecture, strategy, in building and improving next generation Anti-Virus and Enhanced Detection and Response Security Software.
- Develop new product concepts.
- Lead development teams in designing and building software with cross platform deliverables (Windows, Mac, Linux).
- Own features from design to delivery including participation in product demo at the end of the sprint
- Collaborate with multi-functional teams in various locations
- Produce high quality Software and Design
- Experience leading teams to ship major features and releases.
- Able to lead, mentor, communicate, collaborate, and work effectively in a distributed team.
- Low-level OS knowledge in either Windows, Mac OS or Linux
- Extensive experience with C++ and OS Kernel Development
- Strong background in Security
- Strong background in scalable systems
- Familiarity and experience with Agile process
- OS system expertise for core concepts and subsystems
Benefits of Working at CrowdStrike:
- Market leader in compensation + stock options
- Competitive vacation policy
- Comprehensive health benefits + 401k plan (US only)
- Paid paternity and maternity leave, including adoption
- Flexible work hours and remote friendly environment
- Wellness programs
- Stocked fridges, coffee, soda, and lots of treats
- Peer recognition
- Inclusive culture focused on people, customers and innovation
- Regular team activities, including happy hours, community service events
CrowdStrike believes that diversity and inclusion among our organization is essential to our success as a global company, and we seek to attract, retain and empower the industry’s best and brightest from a diverse talent pool.