Ultimate Software is seeking energetic, customer-focused individuals to implement UltiPro, our award-winning HCM offering into our Premier customer segment. The Premier customer segment is focused exclusively upon customer populations more than 10K employees involved in a highly complex HCM project with multiple phases / configuration across multiple applications within North America or Global.
As a HCM Sr Project Manager within the Ultimate Software Premier Launch group, the HCM Sr Project Manager is responsible for planning, managing, and successfully implementing new and cycle-based projects for 1 to 2 of our largest and/or most complex customers
Qualified candidates will have solid experience managing a high-complexity HCM project with multiple phases / application for employee populations more than 10K and are experienced in effectively communicating and negotiating resource, cost, and timeline with our internal and external customers.
Qualified candidates will exercise leadership and organizational management skills to ensure all assigned project deliverables are have the highest quality within agreed upon time and cost estimates.
The HCM Sr Project Manager leads the assigned UltiPro Premier Launch team to ensure projects are delivered on time and within budget, meeting the customer’s stated and implied business needs.
Candidates must possess the following background or qualifications:
- North America or Global HCM (Ultimate Software, SAP, Oracle, PeopleSoft, Workday) with solid HR / Payroll / Time background across multiple business market segments
- Recent tenure managing large HCM implementation or HCM outsourcing projects.
- Demonstrated ability to manage complex projects within a highly matrixed structure.
- Proven consulting experience partnering with customer’s executives, PMO and workstream leads
Here at Ultimate Software, we truly put our people first. We strongly believe in teamwork, and we encourage and trust our people to reach higher, learn more, and live up to their potential. Ultimate is ranked #1 on Fortune's Best Places to Work in Technology for 2019 and #8 on the 100 Best Companies to Work For list in 2019. Ultimate is also ranked #1 on Fortune’s 75 Best Workplaces for Women and #5 on its Best Workplaces for Diversity list.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: (other duties may be assigned)
- Identify, develop and communicate project work plans, scope, timeline, and project resourcing requirements
- Manage and drive issues to closure and reduce / mitigate project risk
- Apply lessons learned and best practices from previous projects
- Revise customer expectations / project deliverables then communicate, as needed, to meet changing situations
- Prepare, coordinate, lead meetings between customers and UltiPro team or shared services members
- Manage projects using our methodology standards and recommend appropriate methodology changes to improve speed and consistency of work delivery
- Enforce project standards to ensure deliverable quality
- Ensure that both customers and team members are meeting their project task commitments
- Ensure project documentation is complete, current, and archived appropriately
- Communicate project status, risks, and options to both internal and external stakeholders
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong, effective decision-making and multi-tasking skills within stringent deadlines
- Knowledgeable of global human resources/payroll/benefits discipline
- Flexibility and adaptability to meet changing scope and resource situations
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Previous consulting experience finding solutions for customer business process and opportunities
- Significant project/program/engagement management work measured by utilization and billable hours
- Detail oriented
- Experience in a product-based software development environment a plus
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- PMP Certification preferred
- 35-55% Travel required during project phases